11/1/10

My Plea

I've always loved this song, and we sang it this past Sunday.  I found myself crying out, pleading with the Lord for him to bring me to a place where I can sing these words with all of my heart and really mean it.

Blessed be Your Name (excerpt)
Matt Redman

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Blessed be Your name
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name
I want to be able to stand up, lift my hands, and say Lord - you are good. No matter what, you are good. And I choose to bless your name in the midst of suffering, of pain, and confused trust. I choose to praise you not only when things are good, but when things are rough and the waters are cloudy. I love you, Lord. Bring me closer to you, close enough to be able to sing this verse and mean it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!