10/6/10

Life...Where does it go?!

So. Life sneaks up and so much happens so fast.

We have officially finalized a contract on what should become our first home with a foundation (I say that because our current home is so awesome, and I love it so much - it's just technically not a house, it's a single wide trailer)! It's been a wild ride, a very terrifying and unsettling ride! That is really what took our attention this last week, and we wrote the earnest money check just yesterday. It needs some construction work (good thing I've got a great husband and in-law family for that!), and it really is much too big for us right now (it's got four bedrooms for pete's sake). But it may soon become ours and hopefully will become a happy haven for the two of us for the time being.

I have officially completed my first round of grading as a college professor. Talk about intimidating and stressful. I just handed the first packets back yesterday, so I'm not out of the woods yet as far as the feedback, or backlash, goes. It's very bizarre to have so much authority.

And then there's the waiting... This part is called the two week wait (tww). I've learned so many acronyms, by the way, by being in the infertility world. I usually make myself wait at least several days after I know I've ovulated to look at the looming "test date" suggestion. It's always difficult to wait. For anything in life, really. We live in a society that hates waiting. Look at fast food, self-checkout shopping lines, and our inherent frustration with red stop lights. So when it comes to something THIS important, the waiting is horrible. But that is where we are at. The Lord asked so many of his followers to wait in his Word. Sometimes waiting meant 40 days, sometimes 40 years, and sometimes (eek!) thousands of years. So when I think about two weeks...I really should feel as bad as I usually do...

We took three days two weeks ago and went to Zion National Park for a weekend of camping and hiking and it was great!!! I hope to post some pictures soon (that will be a first in blogworld!). And I also hope to soon have some closure to what turned out to be a really great career conversation those couple weeks back (when I mentioned my big meeting coming up).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Congratulations on the house!!!!!!!!!! And this is great to be able to visit your blog and know what is happening in your life and heart. I miss knowing because I don't see you all the time, so I'm very thankful you are doing this. Love you!

Jill said...

Love you! I can't wait to see the house!

Jessica Probert said...

Woohoo! Stephen and I are excited for you guys and the new place (which we can't wait to see)! Seeing the "For sale" sign on your current home made it all very real! Feel like we haven't hung out in forever... hope we can change that soon. Praying for you frequently with the tww...

Kierra said...

Congrats on the house! That is so exciting!

As for the TWW, sometimes, the hardest thing God asks us to do is wait (which you've already done plenty of), but having people wait awhile can ease that burden. So here I sit, friend, watching and waiting with you. Sending a HUG!

Post a Comment

I love comments!!!